1. When your back yard is a mountain, you don't wear bare feet and sandals in October.
At least that's what I deduced from the expressions on people's faces after they'd glanced down at my feet when we were walking out and about.
2. It's good to have Sisters.
3. Listening to other people watch funny DVDs with earphones in the back seat is NOT funny.
4. I need a bigger flask for travelling.
5. How to cast on (as for knitting) using one needle, in a very cool, more efficient technique.
6. Steve Menshenfriend is a good worship leader.
7. I am in an abusive relationship with my bed.
It is known. It is comfortable. It is enveloping. No matter how bad it is for me- how much it hurts my back, how much it makes my hips ache, how much it sags and slopes; and no matter how good-for-me-firm the mattress of another bed might be, and how much better off without this bed I might be... I keep coming back to it with a sigh, wriggling contentedly under it's covers to sleep better than I am able anywhere else.
8. I like informal, one-on-one or one-on-two how-are-you-doing, really? meetings better than formal sit-in-a-circle-spill-your-guts-and-let-us-pray-for-you meetings.
9.Mountains are big, Mountains are awesome, Mountains are beautiful, but I can BREATHE on the Prairies.
God is strong, powerful, faithful in the mountains, but God is eternal on the Prairies. My spirit sings on the prairies.
10. When your Insulin efficiency is in a questionable state, do not eat a donut on an empty stomach, 4 hours after your last meal.
Even if it is a Krispy Kreme Doughnut.
Even if the lady takes it off a conveyor belt with a little paper square and hands it to you.
Soft, sweet and succulent.