It's Father's Day, here in Canada which, quite naturally, gets me thinking about my Father.
I "Googled" his name, just for fun, and was quite surprised to find that my Dad, Larry Hedman, is:
1. Connected with the United States Department of Homeland Security.
2. An FAA employee living, according to his area code, in Washington.
3. The husband of Connie Hedman and the father of Megan Hedman, who is just graduating from Washington State University with a Bachelor of Arts in Communications/ Public Relations.
4. The branch chief for TV, graphics and animation in FLETC's media support division.
5. A contact person for the Aviation Education Resource Centers.
6. Listed at the Faculty Center for Professional Development, at the California State University website, under "I" for "Instructional TV Workshop" (3 tapes)
I also found a Whitewood Herald article, in which Larry Hedman- My Larry Hedman, received a cheque for the Broadview food band from the CPR Holiday Train, December 2004.
What a lot of amazing things people have done in my Father's name!
With my Father's name.
Although I don't think he's ever made instructional videos, worked for the U.S. Department of Homeland Security or the FAA, or had a secret family in Tacoma, Washington, he's still a pretty amazing guy.
So, Happy Father's Day, Dad.
I Love You- not "just the way you are", but because of the way you are.
Hope to see you in July.
Hi, I'm the Larry Hedman who works for the Federal Aviation Administration. My daughter Megan found your website and fowarded it to me. I couldn't let this go by without responding. I've lived in Washington state my entire life (54 years). My mom moved from Wilmer MI just before I was born. I graduated from the Univesity of Puget Sound with a business degree. My wife Connie and I have 2 daughters. Megan, is the oldest and graduated from Washington State University in 2006 with a degree in Communications majoring in Public Relations. Our second daughter, Tarah, is a junior at Washington State majoring in Education. Connie is a grade school principal in the Tacoma School District. Pass this fact on to your dad. All men are born with the name - Larry - and when they tell their first lie they have to change their name. Take care.ReplyDelete
WAY COOL! We're like... maybe cousins or something!ReplyDelete
Welcome to lauralea.ca!
[...] years and a bit ago I wrote a Father’s Day post for my Dad, Larry [...]ReplyDelete