It's Father's Day, here in Canada which, quite naturally, gets me thinking about my Father.
I "Googled" his name, just for fun, and was quite surprised to find that my Dad, Larry Hedman, is:
1. Connected with the United States Department of Homeland Security.
2. An FAA employee living, according to his area code, in Washington.
3. The husband of Connie Hedman and the father of Megan Hedman, who is just graduating from Washington State University with a Bachelor of Arts in Communications/ Public Relations.
4. The branch chief for TV, graphics and animation in FLETC's media support division.
5. A contact person for the Aviation Education Resource Centers.
6. Listed at the Faculty Center for Professional Development, at the California State University website, under "I" for "Instructional TV Workshop" (3 tapes)
I also found a Whitewood Herald article, in which Larry Hedman- My Larry Hedman, received a cheque for the Broadview food band from the CPR Holiday Train, December 2004.
What a lot of amazing things people have done in my Father's name!
With my Father's name.
Although I don't think he's ever made instructional videos, worked for the U.S. Department of Homeland Security or the FAA, or had a secret family in Tacoma, Washington, he's still a pretty amazing guy.
So, Happy Father's Day, Dad.
I Love You- not "just the way you are", but because of the way you are.
Hope to see you in July.