We have an overnight guest, so I had a go at the downstairs shower.
I have tried various "natural" cleaning techniques, but to clean it well with things like baking soda and mild cleansers takes a long time.
I didn't want to take a long time today, so I tried something a little more aggressive.
I went "Scrub Free".
Sounded good to me!
Clean shower walls, no scrubbing... what more!?
The front of this seriously militant looking spray bottle reads like a late night info-mercial... SCRUB FREE... Removes MILDEW Stains... with deep penetrating FOAMING ACTION... Bathroom Cleaner with bleach...
And in capital, but camouflaged lettering near the bottom: DANGER- CORROSIVE
The very small print at the bottom put me in mind of the fast talking bit at the end of an American Pharmaceutical company pitch for a new product... Do not use on clothes, fabric, carpet, frosted glass shower doors, wood, rubber, painted or papered surfaces. Rinse immediately after use on metal or porcelain to avoid pitting or discolouration. Causes burns. Dangerous gas formed when mixed with acids. Do not mix with other products, toilet bowl cleaners, rust remover, acid cleaners or ammonia as toxic fumes may result. Do not swallow. Avoid contact with skin and eyes. Avoid prolonged breathing of vapours. Handle with care. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. The use of rubber gloves is recommended. Use only in a well ventilated area. Contains sodium hypochlorite and sodium hydroxide. If swallowed, give one to two glasses of mlk or water; call a Poison Control Centre or doctor immediately. Do not induce vomiting. If splashed in eyes flush with running water for one minute, check for and remove contact lenses if present and continue flushing eyes for additional 15 minutes. If on skin, rinse well with water. If on clothes, remove clothes. If breathed in, move person to fresh air.
I used it, even after reading the directions and all the fine print.
I swear, I'm lucky to be alive!
At least the shower is clean.