Friday, August 22, 2008

The Answer, My Friend, Is Blowing In The Wind

I've decided that driving at high speeds with the van window all the way open on really hot days is not conducive to keeping infections at bay.

After the second day I clued in and started plugging the exposed ear, but I think the damage was done.

So, 5.5 days after finishing the Amoxicillin, I'm debating the value of trying to see my Doctor again.

I think it's staying about the same. Some hours it feels like the ear that was sore is getting MORE sore and the related glands are getting harder to swallow around, and then the next hour it feels a little better again. Last night when I went to bed it felt like it was creeping into the left side, while this morning it seems to just be back on the right side.

So, I don't know.

The problem is that it's Friday, and Friday is nearly half over. I know my Doctor only works part time, and I respect that. She has kids. She has a life. I'm good with that. So... being Friday, I pretty much have until Monday at least, before I could get in. And it could go either way at this point. I'm hoping it just goes AWAY, but on the other hand, it could get much worse.

This is such a pain.

Not as much of a pain as it was 2 weeks ago when I got that first round of antibiotics, but a pain, nonetheless.

Oh, well.

I think I'll wait it out.

Unless I phone and make an appointment for Monday or Tuesday- whenever she's free...

I suppose one can always cancel the appointment if the thing gets better on it's own.

Meanwhile, I'm very excited about the high of 15C they're predicting for today.

With overcast skies.

MUCH better.

No comments:

Post a Comment